martes, 17 de marzo de 2015

Humanos de Nueva York


"I’m Trassh. With two s’s."
"I’m Riottt. With three t’s."
["Yo soy Trassh. Con doble ese." "Yo soy Riott. Con tres tés"]


"Someone made an Instagram account that said: ‘You’re a slut and you should kill yourself.’ And I was the only person they followed."
[Alguien hizo una cuenta de instagram que decía: 'Eres una puta y te deberías suicidar.' Y yo era la única persona que seguían."]


"We renewed our wedding vows on our 50th anniversary at a small church in Tuscany. It was the best day of our lives. The church was full because it was communion time, and the priest couldn’t speak a word of English, and the moment we walked out the front doors, the bells tolled."
["Renovamos nuestros votos de boda en nuestro 50 aniversario en una iglesia pequeña de la Toscana. Fue el mejor día de nuestras vidas. La iglesia estaba llena porque era la hora de la comunión allí, y el sacerdote no hablaba una palabra de inglés, y cuando salimos por la puerta las campanas sonaron."]


"I went to jail for ten years, but that’s all behind me." “What for?” “Why should I tell you?” “It’s your story.” “….organized crime. Allegedly.”
["Estuve en prisión diez años, pero eso ya quedó atrás." "¿Por qué motivo?" "¿Por qué debería decírtelo?" "Es tu historia." "...crimen organizado. Supuestamente."]


"I’m trying to raise a thinking child in a world that is constantly telling him what to believe." "How do you do that?" "Travel and tell the truth."
["Intento criar a un chico que piensa por sí mismo, en un mundo que le dice constantemente lo que debe pensar." "¿Cómo lo haces?" "Viajar y decir la verdad."]


“What’s the most heroic thing you’ve ever done?” “I was sitting on the stoop one day, and I saw these two guys from the neighborhood sneak up behind a lady and reach into her purse. I shouted at them to stop, and they turned to me and said: ‘You better mind your own business!’ I told em’: ‘This is my business! You’re making our block look bad.”
["¿Qué es lo más heroico que has hecho? "Estaba sentado en el portal un día y ví a dos chicos del barrio robando la cartera del bolso de una señora. Les grité que lo dejaran y me dijeron: '¡Métete en tus asuntos!' Yo les dije: '¡Esto es asunto mío! Estais dando mala fama a mi barrio.'] 


"I’m saving up money to go to Brazil so I can find my birth mother."
["Estoy ahorrando dinero para ir a Brasil y poder encontrar a mi madre bilógica."]


"I survived a long term murder plot against my life."
["Sobreviví un largo plan de asesinato contra mi vida"]


>Humans of New York
Brandon Stanton



EscuchaListen
Annette Hanshaw·'Under The Moon'
Betty Hutton & Marion Hutton·'Heart Throb'