lunes, 12 de abril de 2010

Guatemala














Una mirada personal a Guatemala por Michael Hintlian en Photoshelter. Intuyo (o quizás me equivoco) que este tipo de trabajos no son populares en la red pero a mí son los que me hacen recuperar el gusto por hacer fotografías.

A rather personal report of Guatemala by photographer Michael Hintlian. I suppose (maybe I'm wrong) this visual work is far from being the popular kind in the net, but to me... well it takes me back to passion about taking photographs.




EscuchaListen
Sid Vicious·'My Way'



"La tarea más importante y al mismo tiempo más difícil no es conocer la cámara, revelar o positivar, sino ver fotográficamente. Esto significa aprender el tema en términos de capacidad de sus instrumentos y del proceso, de tal forma que pueda traducir instántaneamente los elementos y los valores tonales de una escena en la fotografía que quiere obtener.", Edward Weston. "The photographer’s most important and likewise most difficult task is not learning to manage his camera, or to develop, or to print. It is learning to see photographically – that is, learning to see his subject matter in terms of the capacities of his tools and processes, so that he can instantaneously translate the elements and values in a scene before him into the photograph he wants to make."