lunes, 17 de junio de 2013

El Sol Moribundo

































"In 2009 I was trying to start again with my long-term project of female portraits began in 1996 and stopped for about 3 years. I wanted to do something different and I knew that what I had done before was not enough anymore because I had already exhausted all the creative drive. One day I came across on the internet on one of these live sex chats: they are public live videos where girls try to bring in private registered visitors (members) to earn money. The first thing that struck me was, from a formal and pictorial point of view, the soft palette of colors of the video (even at the expense of quality). I was also intrigued by the loneliness of the subjects, in their rooms among neon lights and closed windows, when they are in a state of intimacy with themselves, almost as if they had forgotten to be visible to an audience. I always take these screenshots while the girls are in a public dimension, when they are visible to everyone. The private scenes, in this case, I don’t care about, I’m not interested in the voyeuristic and sexual side. What I like is the live dimension, of the life flowing, the strength of unplanned and unscripted situations; I love this feeling of waiting to meet the right subject in the right situation with the right light. For me, it is as if these images came from another world, where the sun never shines, a world without windows, without human contact, without love: just solitude and artificial light.", Osvaldo Sanviti.

"En 2009 estaba tratando de retomar un proyecto a largo plazo de retratos femeninos que comenzé en 1996 y tuve aparcado durante unos 3 años. Quería hacer algo diferente y sabía que lo que había hecho antes no era suficiente porque ya había agotado todo el impulso creativo. Un día me encontré en el Internet con uno de esos chats de sexo en vivo: se trata de vídeos públicos en directo donde las chicas tratan de atraer a los visitantes registrados (los miembros) a una conexión privada para ganar dinero. Lo primero que me llamó la atención fue, desde un punto de vista formal y pictórico, la paleta de colores suaves de los vídeos (aunque fuera a costa de la calidad). También estaba intrigado por la soledad de los sujetos, en sus habitaciones, entre las luces de neón y las ventanas cerradas, cuando se encuentran en un estado de intimidad consigo, casi como si se hubieran olvidado de ser visibles para el público. Siempre tomo estas capturas de pantalla mientras las chicas están en una dimensión pública, cuando son visibles para todos. Las escenas privadas, en este caso, no me importan, no estoy interesado en el voyeurismo y el lado sexual. Lo que me gusta es la dimensión en directo, de la vida que fluye, la fuerza de las situaciones no planificadas y sin guión, me encanta esa sensación de esperar a encontrarme un tema atractivo en la situación correcta con la luz adecuada. Para mí, es como si esas imágenes llegaran de otro mundo, donde el sol nunca brilla, un mundo sin ventanas, sin contacto humano, sin amor: sólo la soledad y la luz artificial.", Osvaldo Sanviti.



EscuchaListen
Ian Brown·'Lovebug'
Ian Brown·'The Sweet Fantastic'
Tricky·'Time To Dance'
Tricky·'Time To Dance' (Maya Jane Coles Remix)
Maggie Cheung·'Down In The Light' (Clean OST)
Primal Scream·'Goodbye Johnny'
The Gun Club·'Goodbye Johnny'